Put These Ideas Into Practice!
What children learn through play?
· Teaches child’s vocabularies to increase
· Teaches sharing and taking turns and improves cooperation
· Teaches children to develop empathy and express emotions
· Teaches children to develop patience and tolerance
· Teaches children to feel successful and gain independence
Allow Enrichment Experiences for Children K-3
· Read the comic strips from the local newspaper. Teacher can cut the comic strip, write on the back of each strip a number so you know the sequence order, mix them up, and let the children in groups of four arrange them in sequential order. Or white-out the comic strip sayings and let the child create a new story.
· Find familiar pictures or commercials in magazines, cut them out and use them as their first words in reading what they see everyday in their environment like a stop sign or a Burger King picture.
· Use magazines or newspaper pictures and/or pictures of families, show the different kinds of emotions like smiling, being angry, crying and then ask the children questions about the pictures. Let the children draw how they are feeling.